Queenstown has lots going on during the Easter holidays to keep the family busy. Here are a few of our favourite picks:
- Arrowtown Stompdown – April 15, 2017 -The Arrowtown Stompdown is a skateboard, bike and scooter competition for all levels and all ages of riders. The event will be held at the Arrowtown Skatepark and neighbouring pumptrack located on the riverside of Ramshaw Lane. The registration tables will open at 11 am on the day of the Stompdown at the Arrowtown Skate Park. The competition starts at 1 pm and will run till approximately 5 pm. Every competitor in every category will get a 1 minute run on the park to throwdown their awesome talent. Top competitors may also get a second run. Throughout the event time trails will be happening at the brand new Pump Track.
- Queenstown Bike Festival – Kids Mini X – April 16, 2017 - The event is all about participation: it's about getting out there, having a go and achieving a personal best. In another word, just for fun. As a celebration of all things bike, this event is essentially a bit of fun for all, with a best dressed bike kids competition, music and more! And lots of prizes, suasage sizzle and more shoulder keep your parents sane for a while.
- Akarua Arrowtown Autumn Festival – April 20-25, 2017 - The Akarua Arrowtown Autumn Festival is an annual community festival run over 5 days. The festival celebrates the colours of autumn that are so beautiful in Arrowtown around this time of year. There are many diverse events to appeal to people of all ages with the most icon events being the Market Day and festival Parade which will be held on Saturday 22nd April 2017.
- Seeing Batman LEGO at the cinema – We can’t wait to see this movie! We are working with Reading Cinema for an exciting giveaway of our Batman LEGO alarm clock, watch and more! Reading Cinema is on the Mall street.
- Shopping at Rockies – 49 Beach Street, Queenstown - Rockies is filled with kids clothing, footwear, accessories, toys and snow wear! To celebrate Easter we have these amazing bunny goodies! Pretty Brave are releasing a ZOO range April 1st, adorable bunny ears and bears on cute soft sole shoes. Minti and Hootkid have used bunny designs this season too!